Monday 23 January 2012

YAY! I won the "Versatile Blogger Award"!!

I am absolutely thrilled to announce that Two Tiny Tyrants been awarded the "Versatile Blogger Award" by Mel and Kat, over at Two Moms, a Little Time, and a Keyboard! I encourage everyone to take a minute to go check out their fabulous blog. Thank you very much for the award ladies!







Recipients of this award are asked to:
  • Thank the person that nominated their blog for the award with a backlink to them.
  • List 7 things about themselves.
  • Award 15 newly discovered blogs with the award and notify them of the award.

Here is my list of seven interesting facts about myself:

1) Deep down I am the biggest nerd ever! I am always reading something whether it be a book, a magazine or the back of every product box I purchase. I cannot sit at the table and eat without reading a book at the same time. I am also obsessed with conspiracy theories, documentaries and the paranormal.

2) I cannot sleep without a fan blowing directly on me, even during the winter. 

3)  In high school I was a total punk rocker. I had red hair, ripped clothes with patches all over them and chains. I stopped washing my hair for like a month in grade ten trying to give myself dreadlocks. I listened to punk (The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Black Flag), old rock (Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath) and jam bands (Phish, grateful dead, etc). I was all about hip hop prior to high school and I have since reverted back to the rap scene simply for its upbeat tempo and fast pace, although I still appreciate all musical genres from time to time.

4) My biological father and my step-father who raised me both passed away. My biological father died of Cancer when I was younger and my step-father, whom I still call Dad and raised me since I was six, passed away in 2010 from an accident resulting in severe head trauma. I love and miss them both dearly<3

5) I struggled with an addiction to opiates and cocaine for about four years. I went on Methadone to help combat the opiate withdrawals and I am happy to tell you that I have been clean for two and a half years now and couldn't be happier. I am finally loving life again and wake up each morning looking forward to the day ahead. I am finally the person and mother that I always knew I could be! I am finally healthy and happy again:)

6) I do my hair and makeup (and get dressed) every single morning even if I am not going anywhere. It helps to give me the confidence to face the day! Plus, you never know when an opportunity may present itself or who you may run into!

7) I am a poet! I have written poetry for many years now. I prefer writing darker poetry as opposed to the cheerful stuff. I have books full of my poetry from as far back as elementary school to now. I have had my poetry used at an addiction rehab facility for addicts. I frequently write poems for other people for many different occasions. I have written poems for others that they have requested for a lost loved one (to be read at the funeral service), for people in prison, for significant others, etc. I read a poem I wrote at my step-dad's funeral and then folded it up and left it beside his urn. It was the only copy of that poem I had and I wanted him to have it.  So, if anyone needs a poem, email me!

Here are 15 the fantastic blogs that I am awarding the "Versatile Blogger Award" to:


Be sure to take some time to check out all of these awesome blogs!


PS- If anyone knows how to change my text background color back to the original please tell me!! I cannot find my original color on the colors tab...UGH!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for thinking of me! I was so happy!! It took me a few days to put my post together but I officially passed it along/posted it. :) Thanks again!
    Tess
    www.inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com
    PS - I LOVE your #6 - I do the same thing, even on weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm thrilled to get this! Thank you so much x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. This is totally awesome.
    I need to figure out what I am going to write, but I will get it posted.
    Thanks again!!!!
    http://mylife-wannatrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through a phase where I had jet back hair with fire engine red underneath and a razor haircut. Wasn't so good of a look on me. I think you and I were probably really similar teens. I'm glad you're clean now. I think blogging is going to be a good outlet and hopefully place of encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, just wanted to say thanks for the shout out! I truly appreciate it!:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!