Thursday 8 December 2011

Thursday Tidbits: The Thanks I Get...

Check out my son, Coder's, latest artwork. Seeing his latest masterpiece has made me realize just how much he is growing up...And I am not sure I like it.

                                                                                      
For those of you that aren't experts in kindergarten level artistry, let me break it down. What you are looking at above is a picture of me (according to my son). Besides the fact that my head is horribly deformed what else do you notice? That's right, a there is a circle around "me" with a line through it "No Smoking" style. He then proceeded to ask for a thumbtack to hang it on his door. It would appear that I have been barred from my sons room indefinitely. The room that I furnished. The room that I clean. However, once I pointed out the fact that if I was not allowed in then who would help him clean it up, he hastily flipped the page over and added this:

Oh look, it's "me" again, sans the circle and line. This side means that I am allowed to enter. He made this signed about three days ago and it is still in use on his door. I am banned again at the moment. I will admit I did feel a tiny tinge of hurt at the fact that my own child, a child that I brought into this world, did not want me in his bedroom. But then I realized that my baby boy is, indeed, growing up. And that he is his own person and he has just as much a right to privacy as I do and I must respect that. And I gotta say, the whole sign idea IS pretty clever. I do sneak in his room when he is out with Daddy though to put his clothes away and tidy up...But shhhh, don't tell on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!